Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fun Times!!!

So, after having break down and thinking that my life was all too boring, things quickly changed. After talking to my mom, I realized that I have to keep myself busy or I will go crazy! Literally! Anyway, I think that I found plenty to do the past few weeks. Jesse and I decided that because we live so far away from civilization, we should buy a deep freezer to stock up. Jesse is quite proud of this purchase, might I add. We bought half a beef from his uncle, so the freezer is now completely full! Yeah! Anya and I also made a quick trip to Lyman to watch Dave play football. However, he got hurt pretty badly in the beginning of the second quater, and he was out the rest of the game. Although we didn't get to see him play much, it wasn't a wasted trip because Mark had brought me a half bushel of peaches to freeze - which brings me to my next productive thing. I learned how to freeze peaches. I got about 10 quarts. While I was on a food storage kick, I went to Pocatello so my grandpa could teach me to can. Jesse's grandma had given us a huge sack of cucumbers, so I decided to make pickles. I ended up getting 12 quarts. Now I can say I know how to can. I actually really enjoyed it; so much so that I am going to help him in a few weeks can pears. My grandparents have a HUGE black lab named Gouda, and Anya loved her. I was surprised by this because Mark has little dogs and they scare her. I have also occupied my time by making hair bows. I swore that I would never have a daughter that had a bow that was bigger than her head, but now that I have one, I think they are so dang cute! These are my latest ones. They are so simple to make. I have just been putting them on headbands that I have made out of socks or knee-highs. I have been trying to find a pattern for the waffle stitch headbands because they are so much cuter. So, if anybody knows it, could you please share. Well, I guess I have had a successful two weeks! Thanks mom for telling me I needed to keep busy, it has made my days a whole lot more enjoyable!

8 comments:

McKenna's page said...

I tagged you check out my blog. Fun stuff you found to do, at least you've got lots of food for a long time.

Stefany said...

EM!!! The bows are so dang cute! Way to go, and no worries they aren't bigger than her head. And I am so jealous you have a big ol freezer. I don't think we would have room for one.... oh one day... maybe.

allison said...

i'm jealuos of the freezer too, and all the beef in it! I love when you don't have to buy meat at the store! Looks like you've been having fun and staying busy, that's good! I need to call you about tasha's shower this weekend, I have no idea what i'm supposed to be doing:)

Leacayoungart said...

Great advise from mom! Good for you for listening.

It looks like you have been busy. I have not canned anything but salmon this year. Alaska is not really full of great peaches and such. =)

I hope David is alright.

The Shields Family said...

Man I wish we could buy 1/2 of a beef!! Or atleast have that option here!!

Holly said...

Nice Em. I love the canning. I have been trying it this year too. And the bows are darling. See you this weekend..

Michelle said...

You are so domestic! Making bows and canning, what's next cloth diapers?! Well I'm glad you are finding fun ways to pass the time! I wish I had time to do things like that so take advantage of it!

The Fabulous 5 said...

Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog. Where did you find patterns to do bows? Have you found a pattern for the headbands yet?