Wednesday, October 5, 2011

One Month and Broken Bones!!!










As soon as Luke was released off of oxygen Anya broke her leg. I guess when it rains it pours. It has been a LONG (but really fast) month at the Willie house! Jess had Matt come down for a duck hunting trip and a guys weekend and I decided to go home home for the weekend. While Jess was lounging with Matt I was at my mom's resting. On Saturday morning the kids were playing on the tramp when I heard Anya scream. I ran out there and she rolled over to me bawling. For the rest of the weekend she couldn't walk. She wasn't in pain so we decided we could wait out the weekend and take her in on Monday if she still couldn't walk. By Sunday night she seemed to be getting worse. I took her in first thing Monday morning and sure enough, she had a buckle fracture at the top of her tibia. She picked out a pink cast she gets to sport around for the next 4 weeks. As you can see, she doesn't seem to mind it much and is getting around quite well. If it's not one thing it's another as a parent. Luke is happy and healthy and is waking up a bit more. He is a very easy baby. He whines when he is hungry and screams when he gets his diaper changed. Other than that he is mellow. Hugh on the other hand...out of control. I guess he has decided that is how he is going to get some attention around here. He has always been so laid back. Not anymore! He is into everything and constantly teasing! He loves to kiss "Baby Buke" and lay on him. He is so funny! This is just a side we have never seen from him until now. Last night we attempted some family pictures. I just set my timer and this is what we got. Not too bad. Not professional but we will take it. I think I am officially caught up on my journal/ blog from May until now. We hope that things slow down a bit for us this fall!

1 comment:

allison said...

little lucas is so cute! And what a crazy month you've had! i had no idea about all the things you had to go through with your new baby, and then poor anya too! hopefully things will slow down soon!