Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree!!!

So, we are officially ready for Christmas. The halls are decked, the tree is up, and the presents are bought. Now all I have left is the wrapping! We went and got our tree last night...in the dark with a flash light, might I add!! I think that it turned out to be a pretty nice one. We came home and got it lit and decorated. As you can see from the picture. there aren't any decorations on the bottom branches. I am sure we all know why.... Anya?! I had to gate the tree off this morning because I was in the living room, and here came little Anya pulling the beads behind her right off the tree. This could be interesting!! I think this must be a different kind of tree than I have usually gotten (my grandpa said he thought it was a cedar tree) because I could not sleep last night because the smell kept waking me up!! Crazy!!! I think now I have gotten used to the smell so maybe I will sleep better tonight. I have used all of my decorations and I think I need more to put in the room with the tree. It looks pretty bare back there. Anyway, I guess we are ready to let the season begin!!!

9 comments:

The Shields Family said...

Cute decorating Em! I am ready for the season too!

The Shields Family said...

I love it and I am glad that I don't have to stress over it and enjoy the holiday! Thanks

Michelle said...

You are brave cutting down a tree with a baby! It looks great!

Danielle Selander said...

Little miss Martha Stewart over here!! And of course you are on schedule and almost done preparing for Christmas and its the first week of December!! You are so good!

Holly said...

Good job on the tree Em. It looks fantastic. Sorry we missed eachother over Thanksgiving! Do you know how Tash and the babe are doing?

Kim said...

Looks like fun! I'm usually the one who puts up my tree in the middle of November and then puts up my in-laws tree and my moms, but this year I can't even bring myself to think about putting up my own!
I don't know if it's cause I'm so ovewhelmingly busy or if I'm just not in the mood.. I know, Bah Humbug! My goal is to get it up tomorrow!
Yes, I would love to get you a new look...I have to sit in class from 8-3 on Monday, so I plan on doing it then!

Snidbits said...

Getting a tree with flashlights. Remember when we did that together? We have done that for like 3 years in a row in the dark. Luckily not this year. And no bowel surgery to follow the day after cutting the tree down this year, luckily. Luke's holding together this year! Merry Christmas
Sherilyn

Josh and Alayna said...

Lovely Christmas decorating. Good job on finding a nice tree with a flashlight, I have a hard enough time finding one in the day time!

Shannon said...

Em, you guys are so cute. I love seeing your smile, and Anya's, too. Thank you so much for your kind comments and especially for your prayers. They are so helpful. I hope you guys enjoy your Christmas season!
Love
shan