Monday, February 23, 2009

Our Trip to Laramie!!!

Anya's First Bus Ride!
Anya's First Night in a Hotel!
Uncle Richy's Pictures.

Playing with Baby Corbin!


We got to take a get trip to Laramie this past weekend. Jess took some students to Festival of Winds. So, I took advantage and jumped on the bus for the ride. I was a little worried about taking Anya on the bus, but I figured she has always been a great sleeper in the car, so we should be fine. WRONG!! I didn't take into consideration that she might get car sick. She would not fall asleep and, by the time we got to Little America, had started to throw up. She finally fell asleep about 45 minutes away from Laramie. The ride back was a little better. She didn't throw up, but she didn't sleep once again. It was also Anya's first time staying at a hotel. She never sleeps through the night when we are away from home, so I was ready for a long, sleepless night. But, she slept great! She had fun playing with her cousin Corbin and was acutally nice to him for the first time. She has had a bit of a jealousy issue with him in the past, so it was nice to see her actually try to play with him. Uncle Rich had fun with her and even volunteered to baby-sit while I went to the concert. (Thanks Rich!) He took the cute pictures of her in her hat and caught the best scwoling pictures yet. It was a quick trip, but it was fun to go see all of our family there in Laramie!!

7 comments:

Holly said...

Good job Em. You are a brave mom. I love the pictures of her in her hat and the one scowling is so dang cute. It reminds me of you:) Glad you had a fun trip.

Kim said...

Sounds fun!!! It's always good to see the fam. and spend quality time as your own little family!

Josh and Alayna said...

Oh man, poor girl. We are driving to Texas for Easter and I am starting to consider flying. What do you think worth the extra money or not? I love her pj's they are so cute, and I am glad she got to see some family!

Stefany said...

Em I am so glad you guys were able to come up!! It makes me feel like there are other people out there when we get visitors:) I also love the hat pic, what a cutie!!

allison said...

You came to laramie!!!! You sneaky little turd! I'll forgive you I suppose:). Glad you had fun, those pictures that Richie took are way good, it definitely runs in the family!

Snidbits said...

Its like high school trips all over again...sounds like an adventure. Too bad we missed you guys it would have been fun to say hello. We'll have to stop by on our way to my house when we are on our way to washington just to say hi...well I guess goodbye.
Sherilyn

Josh and Alayna said...

Hey, we looked into flying and it was a little more than we were willing to pay. We are already spending money on a hotel room so we decided to drive. It is a ten hour drive, but we are driving it in two days. Five hours a day, we are just driving to Ft. Collins the first day so I am hoping it won't be too bad. I was hoping she would be 20 lbs by then so we could change to a front facing seat, but do you have to be 20lbs and a year or just 20lbs? I don't know!! I guess we should just be prepared for a couple meltdowns:)