Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tis the Season to.....Make Stockings!!!


I am normally not one to forget about Thanksgiving and jump right into Christmas the day after Halloween. However, this year I had to get some things done before the season gets too hectic. Now that it isn't just Jesse and I anymore, I decided that we needed to have matching stockings. I made up a pattern from a stocking that had been given to me, and Ta-Da!!! This is what I got. Now that I have them done I don't need to worry about getting them done in time for Christmas and can now focus on the upcoming holiday: Thanksgiving!!! The last few pictures were just some that I have taken lately of our BUSY little Anya. She will not crawl at all anymore and is constantly on the move. Due to this, I always find her in places she is not supposed to be, such as behind the couch, in the garbage, halfway up the stairs, in the bathroom - you get the idea! This girl never stops!!! The other day I went to get her after her morning nap, and that is what her hair looked like. I thought it was funny and wanted a picture. As you can see, she did not think it was so funny. Lastly, I found the cutest little doll high chair in the crawl-space at Grandma Karen's, and because she doesn't not have a high chair, this is where Anya sat to eat while we were visiting. It was so tiny, but she fit right in it, just like a little doll. Did you happen to notice the hair things on her legs? This is because her jammies were too long and she kept tripping, so I came up with this little nifty idea.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Those are dang cute stockings! I'm impressed!

Danielle Selander said...

Cute Em! Soo you, they look great!! :)

Leacayoungart said...

Those are adorable. I need to make some too.

The Shields Family said...

I really like the stockings Em!

Josh and Alayna said...

Good job finishing some holiday crafts! I love her in that little chair, and I also love her hair in her crib.

McKenna's page said...

I am glad the stockings turned out so cute, I will have to make some one year.

Shannon said...

Your stockings are too cute for words. Love them--you are such a talented girl! And Anya's eyes are just so beautiful!

Holly said...

Em, what cute stockings!! Where did you get that pattern?
Are you going to Lyman for Thanksgiving? I would think you would be... Let me know and we should get together.