Saturday, March 3, 2012

February!!!

It seems like time is flying by!! I can't believe how fast my kids are growing and how old Jesse is getting. That's right, Jesse turned 30!!! We had a fun weekend of celebrating. We went down to Utah to go to dinner with Matt and Stef. Grandma Karen watched the kids so we could dine in peace. We stayed with Karen and had a nice visit. We also had a family first on this trip. Just our family of five went and did something together. It seems like we take our kids and do a lot of fun things, but we are always with someone from the extended family - not that that is a bad thing. We have just never done it by ourselves. We went to the Gateway Mall and did some shopping, ate, and then went to the Discovery Center. My kids love it. It is the third time Anya has been, and she finds something new every time. This time, she discovered the tiny mouse house in the living room of the playhouse. Hugh could have stayed and played with the ball exhibit the entire three hours we were there. We finished off our fun day by swimming at Grandma's apartment. It was a quick, fun trip. On Sunday, I had planned a surprise party for Jess. I almost got away with it. About five minutes before everyone showed up, Anya asked when all the visitors were coming. That is when he started putting it all together. My whole family showed up, and Annie came from Jesse's side. We also had a few other friends over. I think everyone had a good time, and it was a good excuse to get together. Other than that, our month was pretty uneventful. The kids are just being kids. Luke is growing like a weed. He will be six months this week. I can't even believe it has gone so fast. He is rolling over and trying to sit up (though he doesn't take it near as seriously as his siblings did at his age). He is just content to sit and watch most of the time. I seriously want to freeze him! I can't get enough of this kid! He hasn't figured out how to sleep through the night, and I haven't decided I want to let him cry it out. He is, by far, my most cuddly baby. He loves to be held and rocked. Needless to say, he has me wrapped right around his little finger. He is a total combination of Anya and Hugh look-wise. He looks like Anya for the most part with Huey's brown eyes and big dimple on the right cheek! I am loving being this little guy's mom! I am so glad that he is in my life. He absolutely adores Anya; and she him. It is hit and miss with Hugh. It just depends if Luke feels like having a roaring dinosaur in his face or not. Some days he likes it, some days he doesn't. Imagine that!!! I am just busy living life as a mom and loving (almost) every second of it!!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ummm...I seriously hope I get to meet your children before they have children of their own. That's how fast time is flying! They are all so big.

Nancy Willie Welper said...

Oh my goodness - Luke is so big!! I can't believe it. All of the kids are soo cute! I'm glad Jesse had a nice birthday! It is so strange to have a 30 year old brother. :-) Anyway, I miss you guys a ton! And thanks for setting up the boating trip - I am really excited! :-)