Friday, January 27, 2012

December!!!

Anya's First Dance Recital
Wishing for Santa to come with Papa

Christmas morning
Rice-Crispy Contest
Christmas lights on Temple Square
As you can see, we had a very fun filled December! After all the stress of the Elementary Christmas play was over, we got to have some fun. To start it off Anya had her first dance recital. She was so cute! She dance her little heart out and had a blast. Grandma and Grandpa Huntsman came with their crew to watch. It was fun watching her. I took the kids to see Santa at my parents ward party, but Santa showed up and left without letting any kids sit on his lap. What the heck!?!?! He came read a story and left! I was so mad. Santa never comes to Cokeville, so my kids were so excited to see him. So, see him they shall!! So, they put on the wishing hats with Papa and he told them if they wished really hard Santa might show up. Can you believe what happened next...he did!! They were so shocked and excited when he knocked on the door!! Next was Christmas day. Hugh slept in Anya's room with her, and closed the hallway door blocking them from the living room. Maybe wasn't the best idea, as we woke up to two screaming children. I tried to calm their crying by shoving them into the living room to see what Santa had brought. As you can see from Anya's picture, it may have not been the happiest Christmas morning we have had around here. After opening presents, we hurried off to church. Jess led the choir and I sang a solo for the first time since High School. I was terrified!!! I think it went well though. We hurried to Lyman after church so we could be there when Dave called. It was fun talking to him. He seemed well. The next day we had a Rice-Crispy contest. Much to Mark's dismay, I think Jason's team won the challenge. (Yes, though they are both almost in their 30's, there is still some competition between the two!! Can you believe that?!?!) Mark's team was building Rapunzel's Tower and were doing quite well when it came crashing down. Jill quickly quit their team and joined McKenna and I. Mark's team ended up with a very nice snowman!!! Next, it was time for Richy's wedding. We headed down to Logan. It was a very nice day. More on that later. In between the wedding and reception, we ran to visit Jesse's family in Salt Lake. We had a nice quick visit and got to go see the lights. Overall, it was a very busy, but very fun Christmas season!!!

1 comment:

Nancy Willie Welper said...

Ahhh, I LOVE the Santa Claus story!!! hahah. So funny! They are all so, so cute and adorable! How awesome that you sang a solo in church!!!! That made me happy to hear that! I'm so glad because you have a beautiful voice and people need to hear it sometimes! Anyway, I love you ALL! :-)