Wednesday, January 5, 2011

November in a Nutshell!!!

Time to play catch up. I guess we will start with Thanksgiving! This year it just happened to fall on the best day of the year… my 25th birthday! Not that getting old is exciting, but I always think it is cool when my birthday falls on the holiday. This year we spent Thanksgiving at my house. It was fun to be home with all of my family. Of course, Jason gave out our food assignments, and we were all stuffed before dinner was even ready. The next morning, we decided to give “Black Friday” a shot. So, Jesse, Mckenna, Anne, and myself all left Lyman to head for Wal-Mart in Evanston at around 3:00. It was actually not that bad. It wasn’t too busy, and we had fun just seeing what we could get. We each stood in line waiting to get my dad a big screen TV for two hours and realized by the time they let us buy one, our line-waiting was not needed because there was only one other person in line. Oh, well. Live and learn. When we got to the car, we realized that there was no way we could fit the silly TV in and ended up having to find someone from the valley to take it home for us. Then, when we got it home and opened it, it was broken. So, Rich and Jess went back to Evanston to exchange it. After they got it home and set up the new one, Jilly decided it would be fun to play in the styrofoam and made a huge mess. Needless to say, mom was not impressed. She vacuumed her clean, which was quite comical. It was a good holiday spent with the family. However, my two kids and I did return home with strep!! I was sooo sick. Jess had to take a day off of work to watch the kids and take me to the doctor. I guess that is what you get with a house full of people.




Reading with Grandma Shelly!!!

No comments: