Sunday, August 8, 2010

Two People We Love!!!

Our WeddingThe kids and Great Grandpa Millward
Anya and Grandpa Millward
Beck, Hugh, and Grandpa Millward
Hugh and Grandpa Millward
Grandpa Millward at Anya's Blessing Great Grandma Willie at Anya's Blessing
Grandma Willie and Hugh
Anya, Hugh and Grandma Willie
Anya, Hugh and Grandma Willie
Grandma drying Anya's shirt.
Within the last month, two of our Grandparents have been called home to our Heavenly Father. Both were taken by cancer. My Grandpa had a very quick moving cancer, and was taken within months of finding out. Jesse's Grandma has been fighting a long battle with it for the past two years. I am grateful we were able to spend some time with both of them this summer before they passed. I am also grateful my children were able to meet these two wonderful people. It saddens me to know that they will never be able to have the relationship with them as Jesse and I have. They were both very influential and important in our lives. Grandma Willie was probably the most hard working woman I have ever met. She was always busy doing something. I don't think I ever heard my Grandpa speak an ill word about another. They both had a passion for gardening, which was passed down to both Jesse and me. Both of our Grandparents were great people. Were they perfect? No, but, they both strived to live the gospel the best they could and taught their families the importance of it. I am so grateful for the sealing power and the knowledge I have that I know we will be with both of them again. They are dearly missed. We love Grandpa Millward and Grandma Willie!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I am so sorry Em. That is so hard to lose a grandparent to cancer. Love ya. Sorry we missed each other last week. I will be in Lyman again this weekend, give me a call if you are too:)

Josh and Alayna said...

Our hearts go out to your family Emily. Those pictures are so wonderful, and that is awesome you were able to spend time with them.

allison said...

Em, I had no idea about your Grandpa Millward, I'm so sorry about both losses you have had in your family. We will be thinking of you:)